Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Jo Nesbo & Harry Hole news

I was very pleased to receive this press release from Harvill Secker yesterday about two more Harry Hole books coming into English next year and confirming that Phantom wasn't the end of the series:
...POLICE will be published by Harvill Secker in autumn 2013.

POLICE continues the story of PHANTOM, which was a Sunday Times #2 bestseller when it was published in March this year, spending 7 weeks in the top ten. The Harry Hole novels have sold over 15 million copies worldwide, over 3 million of those in the UK.

Fans will also be delighted by the news that COCKROACHES, the second book in the Harry Hole series, will be published shortly after POLICE. With its publication, readers will have access to all ten books in Jo Nesbo’s bestselling series. THE BAT, the first ever Harry Hole novel, was published for the first time in English this October by Harvill Secker and went straight into the Sunday Times bestseller list.

Jo Nesbo visited London last week for the Specsavers Crime Thriller Awards where he was elected into the International Crime Writing Hall of Fame, alongside such luminaries as Agatha Christie, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, P D James, Lee Child, Val McDermid, Kathy Reichs and Mark Billingham.
The Harry Hole books in order.

2 comments:

Kenneth said...

Thanks for this. A couple of thoughts. First, I'm amazed at how many people misread the end of Phantom. I saw so many misstatements from readers about the ending that I began to doubt what I thought I had read, and went back and read the last chapter. Secondly, I hope that Nesbo doesn't end the Hole series anytime soon. I think there's a lesson to be learned from Rankin's Rebus series. I was a big fan of Rebus, disappointed in the stuff that Rankin wrote thereafter, stopped reading him - and now I see Rebus is back for at least one more book. I think both Nesbo and Rankin should take very good care of their Golden Goose. Ken

Ayisha said...

Very helpful site.