Friday, March 02, 2012

Harry Hole's Days are Numbered?

In an interview with Jo Nesbo in The Bookseller (9 December 2011), he responds to the question of how much longer has Harry got?:

"...I've had the end in sight since the third novel (The Redbreast). I know how it's going to end. But I'm not going to say when and how. All I can promise is that he will not resurrect."

I've just started Phantom, the ninth in the series and I'll report back on it soon. Already published down under, it's released in the UK on 15 March.

Visit Jo Nesbo's bibliography with reviews over on the Euro Crime website

4 comments:

Forestwoodfolkart said...

Interesting Nesbø who is in Australia, I assume, promoting his film Headhunters (from the novel) and The Phantom, commented that he calls Harry Hole his 'friend' but also feels he went too far in writing two scenes in The Leopard saying he regrets them as they are brutal...

Maxine Clarke said...

Poor old Harry! I have been getting increasingly worried about him as the books progress - he does seem to be on something of a downward spiral. He needs Rakel!

Zossima said...

Will be interesting to see whether he writes a new series with a new main character.

Amanda said...

I agree with you Maxine, but don't think Rakel can handle Harry. He should get it together for Oleg's sake as well. Am just starting the Devil's star, and things for Harry are definitely headed downwards!!