Saturday, October 07, 2006

Agatha Raisin again

After reading 'The Goodbye Kiss' by Massimo Carlotto, I needed something a bit more upbeat where evil doesn't prevail. As it's very hard to stop with just one Agatha Raisin I'd ordered the next one at the library and as I'm holding it up for the next person in the list I thought I'd better crack on with it.

Synopsis from amazon.co.uk:
"Two drowned brides distract Agatha from her marriage...Abandoned by James, Agatha hops on a plane to the South Pacific. There she meets a honeymooning couple but tragically, the new bride accidentally drowns. Returning home to Carsely, Agatha finds herself involved in a strangely similar situation - a woman, dressed in a wedding gown, is found floating in a river. The police say suicide, but Agatha, spurred on by memories of her disastrous marriage, sets out to prove them wrong."

I'm enjoying this one, as usual, but what's been most exciting is a reference to Redditch, which is where I live. This is the first time I've come across a book that has mentioned Redditch - one of the characters has been taken to the Alexander Hospital - It's a new town with nothing much to recommend it except for the stunning scenery to the south. I should mention the series is set in the Cotswolds and a lot of the action in this one is in Evesham which is 15 miles or so south of here.

'Agatha Raisin and the Day the Flood Came' by M C Beaton came out in UK paperback in August and yes I've put a reservation on the next one!

No comments: